Sunday, September 1, 2013

Lipstick Haul: Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2013 Color Sensational Lipsticks

Lipstick Haul: Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2013 Color Sensational Lipsticks

Here is the video that I posted on the lipsticks. This was basically a show and tell but here's my opinion of the lipsticks.

If you are reading this blog you are probably a "Makeup Geek" already and I'm sure you have at least one Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in your collection. But if not....you need to get some ASAP! These lipsticks, in my opinion, are very smooth, hydrating and moisturizing. These lippies do NOT dry my lips out unlike my MAC lipsticks. The pigmentation on these is pretty good as well. However, they can get a little "streaky." Depending on how vibrant you choose to wear your color sometimes it can take one swipe across the lip or it can take several swipes. For me, it takes several because not only do I like my colors very vibrant but I also have very full lips. I also prefer wearing my lippies with lip liners. My favorite liners right now are either MAC or NYX. My "go-to" liners are mostly MAC because those are what I have the most of since I can never find the colors I want at my local beauty supply where I purchase my NYX products.

The price of these lippies are very reasonable. I believe it depends on your location but in my area I can usually find them for around $7.99 and I typically purchase when I have coupons or they are BOGO (buy one get one). But all in all I feel like they are a great value for the price.

Maybelline Limited Edition Fall 2013 Color Sensational Lipsticks
I took some photos with the lipsticks on but I was not fond of how they came out so i'll post a couple. It had nothing to do with the lipsticks. It was my face that I didnt like :-|



  I definitely like all of the colors but I would prefer to wear them with liners.  The line also included lip glosses. I purchased one of the glosses but was not very impressed by it. I was told by one of my you tubers that I should check out the other colors so I probably will if I can find them again.

2 comments:

  1. I finally got my hands on Lavender Voltage this past weekend and I luv it! It was hard for me to get my hands on it bcs apparently this collection was very popular. Now after seeing this I wish I had gotten Fuschia Fierce

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous collection! I'm glad you were able to find them. I wish I had tried another lipgloss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!